WLS commissioning engineer, Maciej Ozimkiewicz, is used to running around from one project to the next but now he’s going to run 26.2 miles (or 42 kilometres) when he takes part in the Brighton Marathon on 14th April.
Cancer Research Charity
Maciej explains: “A family friend of ours has been affected by cancer recently and it inspired me to do something to help. Meanwhile, with my partner expecting a baby, I also felt that I needed to give myself a physical challenge and the combination of those circumstances made running a marathon a logical step.”
The Brighton Marathon will be a first for Maciej, who has previously run the Victoria Park Half Marathon, and his WLS colleagues have pledged their support, not only in encouraging him to get out on his training runs five times a week, but also in sponsoring him to raise money for Cancer Research.
So far, Maciej has not completed the full marathon distance but, after sticking to a strict training regime since December and completing the half marathon in 1hr 41 minutes, he is hoping to finish in under four hours.
“I moved to Brighton at the end of last year,” Maciej continues, “and training has really helped me to get to know my new home town. It may not be on the doorstep for WLS but I’m hoping some of my colleagues will come down on the day to support me because they have been very generous so far with their sponsorship and enthusiasm for my big run.”
Read more on WLS:
- Looking for an automated gate supplier near you? Introducing WLS.
- Fire suppression systems – what you need to know.
- Fire alarm installation in London.
- Looking for a Gate Designer in London?
- Fire alarm panel maintenance – why it’s important to stay on top of your servicing.
- The One Simple Thing You Can Do to Maximise Fire Safety
- What Makes For Award Winning Security Systems?