What would you like your electric gate to achieve- Security? Privacy? Elegance?
Choosing an electric gate depends on your objectives; different gates suit different situations.
If you need help deciding, read on! We take you through the benefits of steel, aluminium and wooden gates, and the choice between swing or sliding installations.
For a more detailed conversation, our in-house gate expert Henry Baker is always happy to help. Call him on 020 8676 4300 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of a steel electric gate:
- Security: A strong and stable metal, steel is the material of choice for most gate manufacturers because it offers a high level of security. Its strength also allows for more complex and delicate designs.
- Durability: WLS manufacture, install and automate quality galvanised steel gates with a black powder-coating. This durable protection can last up to 50 years!
- Cost-efficient: Steel is the most cost-effective option; the price of steel is lower than wood and aluminium, and these gates require less maintenance which can offer a huge saving.
Benefits of a wooden electric gate:
- Privacy and security: A closed faced wooden gate offers a high degree of privacy, without being oppressive.
- Elegance: Available in a variety of hardwoods, you can match your gate to suit its surroundings (and local council requirements). Wooden gates also improve aesthetically with age, becoming more in tune with the natural environment.
- Longevity: If treated correctly, a high quality wooden gate can last much longer than its steel and aluminium counterparts.
- Environmentally sustainable: Wood can be selected from sustainable sources and often requires less processing than other materials.
Benefits of an aluminium electric gate:
- Lightweight yet sturdy: aluminium weighs significantly less than other metals, but this does not detract from its strength. In fact, according to aluk aluminium can be forged to be as strong as many types of steel.
- Privacy and security: aluminium is a secure option due to its strength. Being lightweight also means aluminium can be fashioned into many designs, including a closed faced structure, providing maximum privacy.
- Weather resistant: aluminium is a fantastic option for harsher weather conditions as it’s corrosion resistant and does not become brittle in colder months.
- Easy installation: being lightweight, aluminium gates cause less wear and tear to the gate automation system. They put less strain on hinges and joints, therefore requiring less motor power, making them a safer choice.
Swing or sliding electric gates?
We supply and install gates to suit all applications. With our in-house design and fabrication team, we are able to ascertain the best form of gate to suit your property aesthetically and practically. This includes; swing, sliding, cantilever, telescopic and bi-folding. We work with steel, aluminium and wood, and produce drawings for approval ahead of manufacturing.
Three reasons to choose WLS:
- Our gates are bespoke-made using the highest quality materials with longevity in mind.
- We use innovative, industry-leading gate automation technology to design and install the very best security systems.
- With over 25 years of experience, our gates are installed and commissioned by our experienced and qualified team of engineers. We are Gate Safe approved and have our own dedicated security gate automation and fabrication workshop.
Want to know more?
- Automatic Electric Gates Installation and Design
- A Stylish and Secure Electric Gate- Wooden
- Affordable and Secure Electric Aluminium Gates