Automated electric bollards with security gates and without have seen a rise in usage over the past three years. One of the biggest manufacturers, BFT, report a 20% year on year growth in sales, so what is it that makes them such a popular alternative to traditional automatic electric gates? Perhaps the main answer to this is that the space needed to accommodate a bollard is so much less than a gate, but yet at the same time they are more resilient to forced attack – particularly the new generation of PAS68 bollards which are tested to stop dead a lorry which is travelling up to 40mph!
Security Gates For Businesses & Homes
Many customers choose automated electric bollards with security gates, which have an aesthetic benefit as well as being a resilient and modern form of security for your business or home. And, they can be customised and automated to be sliding or swing motion, dependant on the client’s preference and space availability.
It is not necessary to always compare the benefits of automated bollards and gates separately, they can also be combined to provide a robust level of security.
Installing Automated Electric Bollards With Security Gates
These are installed just behind the security gates, and as the gates open they retract. Once they close, the bollards rise behind them. This is particularly useful in areas such as small trading estates – often chosen by fly-tippers and other petty criminals as a prime location. The bollards are easily visible at night, with their crown of neon lights on top, deterring even the most determined ram raider. The combination of these with security gates ensures there is no free access to either pedestrians or vehicles.
How can WLS help you?
If you’re looking for the best way to secure and protect your premises automated electric bollards, security gates, or a combination are all excellent options for a wide range of customers. Whether you want to secure your home or business, their winning combination of strength and space-saving features makes them one of our most popular installations!
Remember, “Our customers tell us it’s our people that set us apart.”
Want to learn more? We recommend:
- Make life simpler with a WLS fob system.
- How to secure your home with an intruder alarm.
- Live in London and want to better secure your home?
- What do you need to complete your security system?
- How to best control the comings and goings of your property.
- Are you looking for complete peace of mind when you go away?
- Why are we the best fire alarm providers?
- Complete security with a high tech intruder alarm.
- Can I install bollards to secure my home?
- Why people prefer bi-folding.
- Automatic Electric Gate Installation: Why Choose Wood & Aluminium Over Steel?
- Using old “point” smoke detectors? Upgrade to a VESDA fire alarm system
- Would Fire Sprinkler Systems Really Make Your Back to School Safer?