Video encoders and video decoders are cost-effective CCTV upgrades that allow you to integrate your existing analogue CCTV camera installation with a new network or IP CCTV system. You can gain all the benefits of a network-based IP CCTV system without discarding existing analogue cameras and cabling. This can create huge savings for schools and colleges, small offices, residential properties and housing associations. Or, any situation where the budget does not allow for a full IP CCTV upgrade in a single phase.
Benefits of video encoders
The benefits of using these tools include better quality recorded images and the ability to use video analytics. They also allow you to carry out a phased upgrade of your system from analogue to IP. This is perfect if you cannot afford a complete overhaul of your analogue CCTV system straight away and so you’re looking for cost-effective CCTV upgrades. You can add new IP cameras to your analogue system as you go.
How do they work?
Video Encoders convert analogue video signals into digital video streams. You can then transmit them over a wired or wireless IP-based network (LAN, WLAN and internet). This allows you to watch and record footage on PCs rather than DVRs and analogue monitors. It is also much easier to search through the footage. Plus, you can view the images wherever you are via the mobile network on your smartphone or tablet.
As you probably guessed, video decoders turn an encoded or IP CCTV signal back into an analogue signal. This is useful when there are broken cables or no way of running cables and need some cost-effective upgrades. In these instances, you can turn the analogue signal from your analogue camera into an IP signal with a video encoder. Then you can send the images wirelessly across long distances. Using a video decoder, you can then return the signal to analogue in order to store it on your analogue recorder. This is another benefit of these cost-effective CCTV upgrades.
Video decoders also allow you to view IP CCTV camera footage on monitors and TVs. If you have a monitoring station with a wall of analogue screens, video decoders can convert IP camera signals to an analogue signal. This allows you to use IP cameras with your analogue monitoring equipment. The same system allows residents of a block of flats for example, to view camera images on their TVs.
Talk to us about cost-effective CCTV upgrades and Video Encoders today
West London Security has the expertise to upgrade your CCTV from analogue to IP in a way that suits you, your property and your budget. Our experienced and skilled engineers can talk you through the options available and help you choose the best equipment for your CCTV installation. Call us now on 0208 676 4300 or fill out a contact form and we will call you.
Found this blog on video encoders useful? Want to learn more? We recommend:
- Driveway gate designs: Stylish and automatic.
- What is a smart building?
- What alternatives are there to keypads or basic intercom systems?
- Secure your home before you even reach the front door.
- How are door entry systems and biometrics linked?
- Where can I get some good looking but secure gates for my home?
- What is ‘top of the range’? Metal gates by WLS.
- How to keep yourself safe from fires.
- Bi-folding patio doors are all the rage. What about driveway gates?
- Fires are deadly. How can you reduce damage?
- Reasons why people buy locally.
- Staying Safe With Automated Gates: Regulations and Tips
- Automatic Electric Gate Installation: Why Choose Wood & Aluminium Over Steel?
- Using old “point” smoke detectors? Upgrade to a VESDA fire alarm system
- West London Security: Why Is Our Brand So Important?
- Don’t Let Darker Nights Plunge you into a Security Black Hole
- Would Fire Sprinkler Systems Really Make Your Back to School Safer?